Speaking of 6502s, was Re: 70's micros still available -

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Tue Jan 17 14:04:47 CST 2006

On Jan 17 2006,  9:39, Graham Toal wrote:
> > On 1/4/06, Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > > What languages were available for the BBC Micro (without a second
> > > processor[1]), I wonder. I know about BASIC, Pascal, Forth, Lisp
> >
> > There was an Acornsoft BCPL.
> > There is known to be a Beebug C, but I never managed to track it
down.

> > The C I did manage to track down (not proper C but Small-C, and
indeed
> > only a limited subset of even that) was done by Dr. A. J. Travis. I
> > wrote a project in this, and really liked it.
>
> COMAL was very nice.  What BBC Basic should have been ;-)
>
> I presume you do know about Acornsoft C. (I did some of the QA
> on that compiler)
>
> There was a LOGO of sorts, I seem to recall, but hard pressed to
> remember any details.  It may have been a hack job in basic actually.

I have here BBC BASIC (at least five versions), COMAL, LISP, Acornsoft
FORTH, FORTH79, and JBFORTH (from HCCS) (and there's at least one more
FORTH), Acornsoft LOGO (two 16K sideways ROMs), Logotron LOGO (one 16K
ROM), HCCS LOGO (also one 16K ROM), microPROLOG, various 6502
assemblers, Beebug C (on a disk here somewhere), Acornsoft C, and BCPL.

I'm sure there are more.

I keep my ROM images in separate directories, and "Languages" is one of
the larger ones.  "FilingSysts" is a similar size,
there are some smaller ones, and of course the catchall "Utilities"
containing everything from spreadsheets to printer utils to graphics
extensions is the biggest.  You might be surprised to know that
"Comms", containing terminal emulators, is the next biggest, though.

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager