RX11 emulator fun ...

Gooijen, Henk henk.gooijen at oce.com
Wed Jan 18 15:22:46 CST 2006

here is the picture: http://www.pdp-11.nl/rx11emul.jpg  (104 kb, resized to 819 x 614).

- Henk.

________________________________

Van: cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org namens Gooijen, Henk
Verzonden: wo 18-01-2006 22:16
Aan: cctalk at classiccmp.org
Onderwerp: RX11 emulator fun ...

Hi all, just a good feeling to share ...
I finished the prototype setup for the RX11 emulator of Pete McCollum.
I installed his design together with the M105 and M7821 in my 11/34.
I first booted RT11 (v5) from RL02.  RXEMU is running on a PC that is connected
to Pete's board via the parallel port.  (A note on that PC at the end...)

".SH DEV" shows "DX  Installed  177170  264".
Then I did ".DIR DX0:" , and behold, I got the list output from DX0: !!
Then I entered ".BOOT /FOR DX0:" ...
OK, that takes some time, but then I got "RT-11SJ  V04.00A".  COOL !!

Pete's RX11 emulator works great. I also loaded the small bootstrap that
Pete included in the ZIP file into the memory of the just turned on 11/34.
When I start the loaded code, it boots right away from "nothing" from the
virtual RX01 floppy on the PC!  What fun !!

A note on the PC that I use to run RXEMU ....
it is a Toshiba Libretto 100CT !!!  The size of that "sub-notebook" is about
the same size as a VHS cassette.  I was laughing to see the big PDP-11/34
boot from the tiny Libretto :-)  I took a picture. If it's of resonable
quality I will post a link.

In one word: GREAT !!!

- Henk.

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a "reply" message.
Thank you for your cooperation.