Ebay Northstar Horizon

Marvin Johnston marvin at rain.org
Thu Jan 19 10:15:04 CST 2006

I was just checking out some stuff on ebay (hanging my head) and ran
across a Northstar Horizon that sold for $551.00. In it, the (fiction?)
writer says:

"Originally, the cases were wooden, but the company soon switched to a
blue metal cover. Hence, those computers with original wooden cases are
more highly sought after than those with the more common metal cases."

Also:

"The only known computer to be sold in a wooden case, this collector's
item features its original, walnut-stained wooden case."

Looks like some just plain wrong information, but ...

1) Were there more metal case Horizons sold than wooden case and did
they "soon" switch to a metal case?

2) What other computers were sold in a "wooden case"? The Sol-20 comes
instantly to mind as well as the Polymorphic 8010 and 8013 series of
computers. How many others were there?