grinding down chips was Re: QX10 graphics board

Dwight Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Fri Jan 27 11:55:59 CST 2006

>From: "Joe R." <rigdonj at cfl.rr.com>
---snip---

>   Also several months ago someone on this list mentioned that he worked in
>a shop that had a wire bonding machine and he frequently took "failed" ICs
>and replaced the failed bond wire and keep on using them. He said that some
>ICs had had the bond wires replaced numerous times.

---snip---

Hi
 At a previous company I worked at we had a bonding machine
and we used a lot of EPROM's. Often one would ge put
in upside down and blow a bonding wire. I used to take
these and pop the top off and rebond a new wire for the
blown one. They always worked after that. I'd just
epoxy the lid back on. I think I still have a few
of these in my parts box someplace.
Dwight