streaky printing?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 18:17:56 CST 2006

> Anyone with LaserJet 4000 and 4050's and similar printers can buy a
> Maintenance Kit from www.printerworks.com and put it in yourself...
>
> It replaces the rubber components and the fuser, so you can give your
> wonderful workhorse of a Laser printer, a little TLC.

I've repaired many CX and SX engined printers, and I found it a lot
cheaper to buy just those bits that wear out. You don't need to replace
the whole fuser, jsut the rollers and/or lamp, for example. Yes, it's a
bit more work, but time is worth nothing to me.

> I recommend it every 200,000 pages (as does HP).
>
> The kits come with FULL instructions and anyone on this list can handle it...

I figured out how to repair the CX printer by taking one apart and
putting it back together _without the benefit of any instructions_. And
if I can do  it, anyone can. They're just not that complicated.