Common items you passed up that turned rare when you wanted them

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 13:16:47 CST 2006

> I was wondering have you guys ever seen piles of computer equipment that was
> dirt cheap but you didn't bother grabbing at the time only to see them
> become rare and desired later on?

Well, I remember passing over loads of ZX80s at radio rallies. Now, I am
told they're actually worth money... But as I don't collect for the
money, but for the interest of hacking about with the machines I don't
really regret it.

What I do regret is not buying loads of TTL (particularly S, and the even
more obscure H families), 8 bit micros and support ICs, etc when they
were current. Some parts are hard to find in the UK now. I was actually
quoted \pounds 25.00 for a plain 6522 VIA the other day (!). Oh well...