Collecting development kits

Joe R. rigdonj at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 30 15:40:09 CST 2006

At 04:54 PM 1/29/06 -0500, you wrote:
>Richard wrote:
>
>>In article <20060129113221.0f1a2355.sastevens at earthlink.net>,
>>    Scott Stevens <sastevens at earthlink.net>  writes:
>>

>>>The cheapest, most common programmers from the mid-80s onward
>>>should fill your need.  Nothing special from Intel is needed.
>>>Though collecting Intel development hardware as an end unto
>>>itself is a worthy pursuit...
>>>

>>How many of you collect development kit stuff like evaluation boards,
>>in circuit emulators, cross compilers, etc.

   I have a BUNCH of Intel MDSs, at least 8 working 800s, 2 working 235s, a
working 235 and two i201s and a BUNCH of intel Multibus cards. I also have
a couple Tektronix developement systems, a TI system, an early Zilog system
but never used them. I've been working on webpages for the Intel stuff but
this is all I have up so far.

   Multibus boards > <http://www.classiccmp.org/hp/multibus/multibus.html>
   Intel MDS-800 #1 > <http://www.classiccmp.org/hp/mds-800/mds-800.htm>
   Intel MDS-800 #3 > <http://www.classiccmp.org/hp/mds800_3/>
   Intel MDS-800 #4 > <http://www.classiccmp.org/hp/mds800_4/>
   Intel MDS Docs  >  <http://www.classiccmp.org/hp/mds/>

Oh, I have parts from an AMC system and some other brands in my collection
of Multibus boards.

    Joe