Semi-OT: IDE & SATA to USB "dongles"

William Donzelli aw288 at osfn.org
Sat Jun 3 21:40:15 CDT 2006

> But even peripherals can be too much mechanical for me sometimes.  Anyone on
> the list ever work on an IBM-1311 or CDC 807/808 or CDC 813/814? All of
> these featured hydraulic actuators.  A face full of warm pressurized
> hydraulic fluid is enough to convince even the most die hard GOM that
> electronics has advantages.  (GOM is how they used to refer to us peripheral
> types - Greasy Ol' Mechanics.)

If "worked on" means "moved", then yes. I have two Univac 2311 clones, as
well as a real IBM 2311. I will probably "never" come across a 2841
control unit for the 2311 (but am jealous that I just saw one at CHM -
where did they get that?!), but I do have the Disk Control for the Univac.

I have no docs for either, and until I do, the iron will just have to
wait.

By the way: WANTED - REAL MONEY PAID FOR IBM 2841 CONTROL UNIT.

William Donzelli
aw288 at osfn.org