Pens for Atari, CBM and TRS plotters (was: atari printers)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Jun 2 12:15:36 CDT 2006

On 6/2/2006 at 4:57 PM Philip Pemberton wrote:

>What about drilling out the innards of the pen, then installing the
>cut-down guts of a fibre-tip ("fineliner") pen in its place?
>You'd probably need a drill press and some form of mounting jig to get the
>hole centred, and I've no doubt it would make a big mess, but it should be
>doable. The only problem would be that the pen would likely dry out over
>time, but I've seen fineliners that claim not to dry out if the cap is
left
>off...

One solution might be to obtain the ink and pen from a strip recorder and
fit it to the plotter.  These don't dry out as quickly and can be easily
unclogged with a small cleaning wire.

I recall trying felt tips on a Moore strip recorder and having a miserable
time with the ink drying out.

Cheers,
Chuck