atari printers

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at blazenet.net
Fri Jun 2 19:37:20 CDT 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 05:32 am, Joe R. wrote:
>    I bought a CGP-115 new about 20 years ago and had the same gear problem.
> I went to a TRS "computer store" and tried to order a gear but they
> insisted that I had to have the printer checked out by their technician
> before they would sell me one. After a bit of intense questioning they
> finally admitted that there was a one hour minimum charge at something like
> $40/hour!  I told them to stuff it and I've seldom darkened the door of an
> Trash Shack since. A year or two later I meet the manager of another TRS
> store and I told him the story. He ordered 3 or 4 gears for me and they
> only cost about $1.  So the gears WERE available.

I've had similar problems in dealing with those stores.  The thing you gotta
do there is to deal with the store manager,  and get them to order for you
the service manual for the equipment in question (which usually isn't all
that expensive).  Then with a photocopy of the pertinent page from the manual
you can get them to order the parts for you too.  I've never "had to" use
their repair services at all.

-
M Dakin