MATE-N-LOK 8p flat connector availability

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Sat Jun 3 18:45:22 CDT 2006

On Jun 3 2006, 23:09, Tony Duell wrote:

> I am looking for a somewhat similar connector. I am not sure if it's
> AMP or Molex, but I suspect it's one or the other.
>
> It has 5 pins in a straight line. The pins look to be the normal
> 0.093" ones. The face of the socket housing looks a bit like this:
>

>  /o\
>  |o|
>  |o|
>  |o|
>  |o|
>   -
>
> That is, 5 pins in a line, with one end of the housing pointed for
> polarisation.

I'm pretty sure this isn't AMP, but it looks like a Molex 0.093" Power
Connector.  A lot of these are made in panel-mount as well as
free-hanging styles, but the five-way is only made as free-hanging
according to my old Molex catalogue.  However, it says there's a mating
unshrouded vertical header in their 1840 series, and "vertical headers
may be assembled using PC tail terminals in standard housing".  The
receptacle part is 03-09-1052, it's 27.2mm long x 6.2mm wide; the plug
part is 03-09-2052, 30.0mm long x 8.6mm wide.  Each pin is rated 9A at
250V in these housings.

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager