PCB vs wirewrap, was Re: SBC6120 (a build-it-yourself PDP-8 clone) grammer checked

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Tue Jun 6 13:33:22 CDT 2006

>> Anybody remember the name for the technique?

I thought Proteon (network vendor) made a lot of their early cards using
that "printed wire" technique.  I'm probably making that name up but
it's what popped out of my brain.  Actually I think PWB is what they
call PCB's on the other side of the pond.

I saw a lot of those cards at MIT at one point.  As I recall (dimly)
Proteon had their own proprietary wire level protocol (which I'd bet was
chaosnet).  I think they later went token ring and/or ethernet.  But
again, I'm hazy on that.

-brad