VCF-MW Lodging & SO/Munchkin Activities?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu Jun 8 12:42:07 CDT 2006

On Thursday 08 June 2006 12:28, Roger Merchberger wrote:
> For VCF-MidWest 2.0, where's everybody staying, or is it
> "catch-as-catch-can?" I've not yet registered (which I must do soon)
> and I'd like to put up a display table...

I'd recommend either the Hilton Garden Inn or Econolodge (depending on
your preferences), they're both within a block of each other and within
3 blocks or so of campus.  The details for either are on vintage.org
under the VCF/MW2 site.

Also, I still could use (quite a few) more exhibitors to sign up.  And,
if anyone knows of a speaker who'd be interested in speaking at the
event, that'd be great.

> I'll also have the wife & kiddies along - we're making this into a
> "family weekend" kinda thingy, as we're leaving Thursday
> afternoon(ish). I'm guessing it's about an 8 or 9 hour drive, so
> we're still planning out if we're driving the whole way in one go or
> stopping for the night halfway down or so.[1]
>
> So, what's available for non-geeks to do down at Purdue?

Well, there's corn, soybeans, and bars. :)

There's a calendar of some events going on here:
http://www.lafayette-online.com/calendar/

Other than that, I'm not sure how much help I can be, as I'm a geek. :)

Pat