EU

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Jun 10 18:11:17 CDT 2006

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, Tony Duell wrote:
> A little hard with no scanenr :-).

Which is why we keep trying to give you one!

Howzbout:
We send you one of our scanners to "check out" for us.
(BUT, only until we get our manual for it :-)
You could use it, test it, try it out, run it now and then
(to keep the mechanism from freezing up:-)
and then we'll get it back from you,
just as soon as scanners start including manuals.

> > service manual for a simple thing like a mouse ;o)
> quicker just to trace out the scheamtic than to do battle trying to get a
> schemaitc from the manufactuer. I know I included schematics of the
> appropriate mice when I traced out diagrams for the PERQ AGW3300 and the
> HP IPC>
I thought that maybe I could get away with that logic to get you to accept
a scanner :-)
BTW, one important spec for mice would be the diameter of the ball, that
lUsers keep losing.

> And I still fail to see how supplying information means I'll do a worse
> repair. Darn it, I am going to have a go at fixing this <foo> no matter
> what. If I can get a service manual I'll read it first, if not, I'll have
> to work it out as I go along...

I think that his argument (which I don't agree with), was that possession
of information would give people a false sense of confidence to attempt
tasks for which they weere not qualified.
Is that so?  Or does that speak badly for the quality of the information?

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com