atari printers - gears

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 20:04:49 CDT 2006

On 6/11/06, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> You can just throw your bad one away and get a new one.  There's a guy
> selling 825 printers for $10 the each, NOS on Yahoo!:

That's one of the reasons I bought a handful of printer mechs from
Alltronics or Electronic Goldmine or one of those guys... spare gears.
 The problem is that what I got was about 90% defective.

It's really a design flaw, I think, where the depth of the teeth in
the gear doesn't leave much material to be sturdy.  Add a little
thermal expansion/contraction and *pop* one less gear.

That's why I'd like to find a source of gears - one replacement per
motor isn't going to be enough.

-ethan