Vintage computer diagrams scanning

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Jun 11 12:05:47 CDT 2006

At 9:54 AM -0700 6/11/06, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>Anyone remember the days of the "hand scanners" with their 4-or-inch wide
>scanning head? To scan a page, you made two passes, then used software to
>join the halves.  Nasty business--but I think I actually have one of the
>little buggers if anyone wants one for their collection.

Ugh!  Don't remind me, I bought one, as well as a jig to help you do
a "better" job of scanning.  Not only did you have to "try" to move
the scanner across the paper at the same speed, but you had to keep
it in a straight line.

To make matters worse, I made one scan, then set it aside, by the
time I went to use it again a few months later, it was dead.

		Zane