Socket Use

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 11 16:52:42 CDT 2006

> Offtopic: If anyone out there (Tony, I'm looking at you...) has a manual
> for a Sony CCD-V6000 Hi8 camera, let me know.

Not that I am aware of (I think the only Sony video camera manual I have
is for a monochrome unit with a vidicon tube that goes with a portable
reel-to-reel video recorder -- yes I have the unit, it still works [1]).
But I will check. Have you checked the usual companies for such manuals?

[1] The heads got wrecked by a wonderful -- NOT piece of corner-cutting.
The head design is a bit like a Betamax machine in that the entire drum
is stationary, there's a head beak with a head on each end that spins in
a gap between the upper and lower drums. Anyway, said head beam is
mounted on a disk on top of one of the motors, and said disk is held to
the motor spindle by a nut. It should be a left-hand thread (so that it
self-tightens when in operation), it's not. If it works loose, the heads
clatter against the edge of the top drum with obvious results. Anyway, I
managed to fit and align the heads taken from a Betamax head disk onto
the origianl beam...