Top Posting and Message Trimming

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 11 13:54:36 CDT 2006

Don Y wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an "accepted norm" for correspondence, here,
> with respect to top posting and message trimming?
>
> Or, am I just being a grumpy olde farte?  :>

Funnily enough, your message landed after Jay's reply, so it was sort-of like
a top post :-P

I don't like top posting much for various reasons - but what really irritates
is when people top-post in an environment filled with bottom-posters, as any
kind of context gets seriously messed up (unless you go around editing
top-posted replies and converting them to bottom-posted ones when replying to
them)

I suspect this list if filled with grumpy old farts, though ;)

cheers

Jules