EU

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 17:06:07 CDT 2006

> No...but I also wouldn't consider using a scanner someone else provided
> to scan your manuals to constitute depending on that scanner.
>
> If it breaks, I'd fully expect you to shrug and report to people who
> want manuals scanned that the thing has broken, you can't fix it
> because you don't have docs, and that anyone who wants further manuals
> scanned can either come fix it or send you another one - or scare up
> docs for you.

This seems to be a way for me to end up with a large pile of broken
scanners that I won't throw out, becuase they _might_ be repairable one
day, and anyway they contain bits that might come in handy (the stepper
motor if nothing else..). But then again I am terminally short of space...

I also don't have the time (or inclination) to keep on tinkering with
software (drivers, etc) every time I need to replace the scanner...