Looking for a paper tape reader/writer

Max max at techbites.com
Wed Jun 21 16:04:28 CDT 2006

Hi there - someone suggested your group might be able to help with the
following:

Based on the fact that my www.DIYCalculator.com
<http://www.diycalculator.com/>  website has a paper on the history of paper
tapes and punched cards, someone just sent me an email asking if I knew
where they could purchase a paper tape punch/reader with the following
specs:

   Punching Speeds up to 75 char/sec

   Reading speeds up to 400 char/sec

   LAN Interface

   Power 220 VAC +- 20%, 50 +- 10 Hz

The LAN interface requirement would indicate a modern product (I'm assuming
that these little rascals may still occasionally be found in some "noisy"
industrial settings). If not, someone suggested interfacing it to a PC and
linking the PC to the LAN.

But more to the point, I'd quite like one myself for nostalgia's sake (I
know, I know, "nostalgia isn't what it used to be" -- these are the jokes
the Muppet Show refused).

But we digress ... do you have any ideas?

Cheers -- Max

Clive "Max" Maxfield

495 Production Ave, Suite A

Madison, Al 35758, USA