OT: Punctuation-starved Programming Languages

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Wed Jun 21 16:48:55 CDT 2006

Jim wrote....
> the Codd people would deny any relation to Pick.  Pick has the addition of
> a simple way to handle the multi dimension problem (what are called
> values)
> in databases than most SQL databases.  This problem is common in
> applications that deal with business.

Codd: Going from VERY foggy memory here, but I do remember personally taking
the Codd rules/tests and applying/satisfying them one at a time with Pick.
Pick did meet the Codd published rules for being considered a relational
database. But did Codd people look at Pick is the question - on that, I have
no clue, but I'd be suprised.

Multivalues - that right there is the magic of Pick. Not just that they
supported it, but how artfully & easily they supported it because of the
design. That's what made Pick phenominal.

Jay West