Commodore SX64 Problem

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Wed Jun 14 07:27:33 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 07:11 am, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On 6/14/06, Roy J. Tellason <rtellason at verizon.net> wrote:
> > I've also done a few keyboard repairs on c64s,  mostly to deal with
> > broken keys,  which usually involved a pretty complete disassembly and
> > replacing the broken part,  but I don't recall ever taking apart an sx64
> > keyboard...
>
> I have - unsuccessfully.  I have a keyboard with some bad traces
> (someone before me tried ti "fix" it and made a mess - I think they
> used silver modelling paint on the traces.  :-P )

I've had some keyboards that were _bought_ that way!  :-)

Or actually they used some kind of conductive paint,  on clear mylar (?)
plastic.  I'd bought two of these at one time,  and used the heck out of one,
left the other sitting in the box in the closet,  but they both deteriorated
at about the same rate it seemed.

-
M Dakin