Toner as PCB resist (perilously close to OT)

Philip Pemberton philpem at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jun 16 10:48:39 CDT 2006

In message <200606161048.19926.rtellason at verizon.net>
          "Roy J. Tellason" <rtellason at verizon.net> wrote:

> Actually from what I read the paper is the key.  And using a flatiron isn't
> the best choice to heat the stuff,  either...

Apparently the best way is to steal a fuser out of a broken LJ2 or LJ3, wire
up a temperature controller and use that to melt the toner onto the copper.

I've been using Staples inkjet photo paper, but it seems they've switched
suppliers and the new stuff doesn't work for TT at all. It didn't even work
properly when I used it with the inkjet to print some photos off - the ink
just smeared straight off (even after half an hour drying in a warm room).

--
Phil.                         | Kitsune: Acorn RiscPC SA202 64M+6G VF+UniPod
philpem at dsl.pipex.com         | Cheetah: Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxeV2 1G+180G