PeeCee clones; was:PCW's 25 worst tech products

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jun 27 19:33:35 CDT 2006

On 6/27/2006 at 7:11 PM Jim Leonard wrote:

>I was *all over* IBM until PS/2.  "I can't put my existing boards in it?
>  Why the hell not?  Who made *that* stupid decision?"

Not only that, but MIcrochannel boards were considerably more expensive,
and the bus was not very amenable to "prototyping" like ISA.

I guess that after the RT flopped, IBM had to do something with their
investment in the bus.

Didn't Tandy offer a microchannel system at one time?  IIRC, it also was a
great stinking failure.

Cheers,
Chuck