PeeCee clones; was:PCW's 25 worst tech products

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jun 29 10:50:57 CDT 2006

On 6/29/2006 at 3:59 AM Jim Leonard wrote:

>You're right, I never did.  I already had a 286 and was looking for a
>386.  No 386 model PS/2 was ISA.  L40 doesn't count, it was a laptop,
>you couldn't add cards to it :-)

Maybe it's splitting hairs, but the following PS/2 models had ISA busses
and 80386SX CPUs:

Model 40 SX
Model 35 SX
Model 25 SX

The following had a 486SLC CPU and ISA bus:

Model "9533E" (really odd one--one lone ISA slot)

The L40SX was a 386SX box also with an expansion connector that connected
to an ISA expansion unit (3541).  Laptop maybe, but you could add a short
ISA card to it.

There may have been others--after awhile, it got hard to keep track of PS/2
models.

Cheers,
Chuck