WTD: IBM 5250 terminal

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Wed Mar 8 10:52:14 CST 2006

In article <1141830772.440ef474b7167 at webmail.secure-wi.com>,
    mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com  writes:

> If you go with a dumb-head, get the oldest one you can. :-)  My favorites are
> the ancient all-in-one tubes that have the keyboard ringer.

Not really knowing anything about 5250s other than they are a terminal,
what do you mean by "dumb head"?

In the early 80s a Project DELTA colleague told me that IBM had made
some system where the terminal was essentially a keyboard and a tube
and the host computer essentially did everything.  Is the 5250 that
beast?  If so, where can I read details about it?
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>