HDD Repair

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Mar 13 18:32:45 CST 2006

On 3/13/2006 at 6:42 PM Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:

>My guess is that a head is stuck? If so... a) is there a way to
>resuscitate the disk, and b) is there someone that repairs older
>drives like this, and c) if not, can I do it myself.

It's very hard to say--suffice it to say that the HDD firmware has found
something it doesn't like--could be a bad servo track or any number of
other things.

If the data's that important, I'd ship the drive (after calling to check)
to someone like Drivesavers; I've had excellent results from them in the
past.

http://www.drivesavers.com/

Cheers
Chuck