FA: DEC RF-71 Disk Drive

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Wed Mar 15 18:14:52 CST 2006

In article <44189445.80203 at gmail.com>,
    Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>  writes:

> Richard wrote:
> > I'm not familiar with an RF-71.  What machine did it go with and what
> > interface did it use?  I didn't see any docs on bitsavers for RF
> > discs.
>
> It's mostly used with VAXen.  It has a DSSI interface.

Well hey, whaddya know.  I have a VAX with a DSSI interface :-).  I
was wondering if the picture was showing the DSSI style sled on it.
My DSSI slots are full, but I gather the TKZ70 tape drive isn't very
useful... maybe I could put another drive in that bay?
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>