Nixdorf LK-3000 on Yahoo! auctions

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 18:30:58 CST 2006

> processor in the main machine?
>
> Yes.  By itself, the machine is just a one-line LED screen, a chicklet
> keyboard, and a cartridge slot.  All of the computation is done in the

Right. Any chips at all ? (LED drivers, for example). I asusme this means
that unrepairable faults are likely to be in the modules (e.g. a dead
microcontroller, which will be custom programmed) and not in the machine
itself?

> modules.  Most of the modules are for language translation.  But two of the
> modules are really interesting -- Electronic Notepad (#LK-3500) and Filing
> System (#LK-1001) which give the system primitive word processing and a
> flat-file database.  There was a scientific calculator module as well, and

Ah, nothing _that_ exciting, then.

I was hoping for soemthing that was user-programmable (even a
programmable calculator). I assume the calculator module is not RPN,
which instantly meakes it unusable for me.