Thunderscan

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Sun Mar 19 08:59:48 CST 2006

> Has anyone else seen a thunderscan?

Yeah, when they were new. The college newspaper I published on a Mac
owned one.

They were very popular as an inexpensive scanner solution. Back in the
day anything that was "Mac compatible" was more expensive than the PC
model, and scanners were horribly expensive to begin with. The
Imagewriter provided all the transport mechanics needed and allowed for
a less expensive scanning option when paired with the Thunderscan.

The image quality wasn't as good as a real desktop scanner, as I recall.