grease advice needed

Chuck Guzis cclist at
Sun Mar 19 14:24:44 CST 2006

On 3/19/2006 at 2:33 PM C Fernandez wrote:

>What kind of grease should I use to re-lube this?  I want to provide 
>adequate lubrication between the plastic and steel, but I don't want 
>something that will hurt the plastic.  I was thinking about using 
>dielectric grease, since it shouldn't harm plastic, won't melt out, and 
>isn't too messy.  However, it's designed as a moisture barrier, not 
>really as a lubricant, I believe.  Thoughts anyone?

I'd recommend Sil-Glide--a silicone gel.  Safe for use with just about
anything, including rubber and nylon.  Get it at an auto parts store.


More information about the cctech mailing list