grease advice needed

Dwight Elvey dwight.elvey at
Mon Mar 20 11:42:05 CST 2006

>From: "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at>
>On 3/19/2006 at 2:33 PM C Fernandez wrote:
>>What kind of grease should I use to re-lube this?  I want to provide 
>>adequate lubrication between the plastic and steel, but I don't want 
>>something that will hurt the plastic.  I was thinking about using 
>>dielectric grease, since it shouldn't harm plastic, won't melt out, and 
>>isn't too messy.  However, it's designed as a moisture barrier, not 
>>really as a lubricant, I believe.  Thoughts anyone?
>I'd recommend Sil-Glide--a silicone gel.  Safe for use with just about
>anything, including rubber and nylon.  Get it at an auto parts store.

 Also good for improving electrical contacts on connectors. It still
isn't all that good as a lubricant but better than dry.

More information about the cctech mailing list