Where have all the Selectrics gone?

Kapteyn, Rob kapteynr at cboe.com
Tue Mar 21 13:24:26 CST 2006

There was also an article in a hobbyist magazine explaining how to do
a homebrew conversion of a Selectric typewriter to make a computer printer.

I know, because, as a kid, we were always on the outlook for a junk Selectric
that could be salvaged.

I doubt that a lot were converted, because Selectric typewriters were always
very expensive -- approaching the cost of "cheap" printers.

-Rob