IBM PC BIOS error codes (was: who built the first 8086/88 based puter?)

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Mar 28 16:59:37 CST 2006

In article <200603281420360141.0B34ED91 at 10.0.0.252>,
    "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com>  writes:

> Right memory, wrong model.  I dropped a bit.  It was the 8570 (Model 70)
> and it was ECA 021.  Nasty memory problem resulting in a 110 error.  IBM
> would replace the mobo only if you complained loudly enough.

Speaking of inscrutable error codes from IBM BIOS, in the big
equipment purge of 2006 at work I obtained a number of IBM PC model
350 and 365s.  In my various disassembling and re-assembling of pieces
amongst these systems to make a smaller number of maximally configured
systems I occasionally get an inscrutable error code form the BIOS.

Does anyone know if there are manuals for these models online?  I
tried searching IBM's web site, but immediately got lost in the
large amount of irrelevant results.
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>