OT: Where have electronics hobby stores gone?

woodelf bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Sat Nov 4 12:19:57 CST 2006

Zane H. Healy wrote:

> I'm still shocked that Digi-Key sent me this huge catalog I have sitting
> here, after I purchased parts to build a Serial Interface for my C64.
> While I put in a good order of parts for the project, I also purchased
> quite a several of them from Radio Shack.  Not being someone that builds
> a lot, it really helps to be able to see in person what I'm purchasing!

I just have a RAT-SHACK here. I don't know what you build with the parts
since they seem to be randomly picked for what they stock. Other than
a 2 knobs and 2 bridge rectifers and 4700 uf caps they have almost nothing
here in Canada.

I threw out my Digi-Key catalog but you still need parts from every where.

> There is a local electronic's store, plus Fry's that I can go to, but
> they're both out of the way, and I can only hit the electronic's store
> on the weekend due to when it closes.

We want poly-packs back ... how do I get my 2 cent 7400's with 3 working gates
each for my next big project. :)