Discussion of large systems

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 04:54:24 CST 2006

Richard wrote:
> However, I see things like large line printers and other such early
> printing peripherals seem to be rare.  They only seem to appear in
> people's collections if they were part of a big bundle.
>
> Any other peripheral collectors out there?

My experience has generally been that they're no longer there and available to
be collected :( It seems like companies hoard the bits that they think might
be 'useful' somehow - things like CPUs and tape units - but generally toss the
rest (printers, terminals, and in a worrying number of cases documentation and
software too).

In other words, it's often too late and the peripherals have long gone.

cheers

Jules