Large Peripherals on Large Systems (was Re: Discussion of large systems)

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Wed Nov 1 12:16:42 CST 2006

In article <f4eb766f0611011001s4988afefvbaa210da1ec050fb at mail.gmail.com>,
    "Ethan Dicks" <ethan.dicks at gmail.com>  writes:

> (here's an ASCIIfied doc I found on the VAX 8000 dial box - very
> cool... now I want one ;-)
>
> http://deathrow.vistech.net/~cvisors/DEC94MDS/vsxdatm1.txt

That is most likely the Evans & Sutherland dials box rebranded with
DEC logos!  The VS8000 was basically a DEC VAX CPU with an E&S
graphics subsystem.

> > Any other peripheral collectors out there?
>
> I collect CPUs _and_ peripherals, if that counts.

Apart from a few other terminal freaks, I appear to be the only
person out there that actively looks for peripherals... unless they're
not reading this thread :-).