New monitors on old machines

Julian Wolfe fireflyst at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 3 16:03:27 CST 2006

Again, I try to limit my input to discussions that may result in an answer
not previously obtainable.  In most cases, the technical discussions on this
list are of this ilk.  In this particular case, there is a simple, easy
solution, and there's ample documentation on how it's done.  It got entirely
ignored until I pointed it out more bluntly.

This start-all-over-and-hack-something mentality is as silly as shutting off
a light switch so you can stumble around in the dark on purpose.