Discussion of large systems

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Sun Nov 5 17:20:31 CST 2006

On 3/11/06 03:10, "Ray Arachelian" <ray at arachelian.com> wrote:

> Adrian Graham wrote:
>> Correct, another example is the electrostatic Sinclair ZX Printer or the dot
>> matrix that matched the Apple Lisa
> The ADMP?  That later became the ImageWriter.  It was the same C. Itoh
> printer as the ImageWriter, just with a parallel interface.  The Lisa

I mean this one:

http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/scripts/picshow.php?image=lisa/apple-lisa-p
rinter.jpg
http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/scripts/picshow2.php?image=/Museum/Adverts/
lisaadvert.jpg

Aka the DEC LA50, is this the same c.itoh printer you mean?

> There was also a color inkjet printer for the Lisa by Canon I think -
> unfortunately I can't find any information about its protocol, nor does
> it have any drivers in common OS's.

This is interesting news, I've got pictures of Lisae with imagewriters and
that printer up there ^^^^ but no mention of an inkjet, I didn't know colour
inkjets were available at the time!

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator