Need Docs for XT RAM Board...

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Nov 16 16:02:19 CST 2006

On 16 Nov 2006 at 13:36, Chris M wrote:

>  Can't always snip the pins. Generally speaking,
> desoldering a chip isn't necessarily catastrophic, but
> what if it's old and irreplaceable?

...then one would assume that your goal was to salvage the chip
rather than the board.  In that case, I'd simply cut the board around
the chip then desolder the chip from the board remnants.

Priorities, priorities.  Either you want to save the chip or the
board.

But if you're replacing a chip, who cares what happens to the old
one?  In severe cases, I've taken a dremel to the chip leads and
simply cut the IC body away for easy access.

Cheers,
Chuck