has anyone ever utilized a fossil driver?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Nov 18 22:53:59 CST 2006

On 18 Nov 2006 at 21:40, Jay West wrote:

> I am not positive, but I don't think Z80's were generally around when Fossil
> was created by the Fidonet crowd.

I don't think FOSSIL was ever implemented on a Z80 machine, but when
Fidonet got started back in 1984, Z80's were certainly around.

I was thinking not only of the model-specific patches to DSZ, but the
old Irv Hoff BYE comm program for CP/M.  I think one of the old CP/M
BBS programs (QBBS and RBBS maybe?) needed BYE to work. i.e., FOSSIL
wasn't all that revolutionary.

Cheers,
Chuck