dec cabinet paint (and/was "11/34 done")

Robert Ollerton rollerton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 00:52:50 CST 2006

You would be better off going to an automotive paint store.

Paint formulas are coded  by each manf. PPG will be differfent than
say Dupont, etc.  Equipment manf. like Dec would have either used a
stock color out of say the PPG book, or could  have come up with their
own formula but it would be based on the tints and base stock of a
particular paint brand.

What you need to look for is a paint code formula and brand for each
of the areas you are interested in refinishing.  Take that to an
Automotive paint store and then can mix it for you, some stores can
also load it into aerosol cans.   Need to know what type of paint you
want.

A lot of equipment was painted with Lacquer, but you need to know for
sure before put more on. One test is to dampen a cloth with laq
thinner and see if it will soften and lift a bit of the paint color
when rubbed (in some hidden spot).