rogues galleries

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 22:49:01 CST 2006

On 11/28/06, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> On 27 Nov 2006 at 15:53, Jules Richardson wrote:
>
> > Out of interest, were there many manufacturers who sold a system with three
> > different CPUs as standard? There were a few around with two, I know...

Three CPUs makes me think of the OSI Challenger III - 6502, 6800, and Z-80.

> Given that the C64 used a 6502 CPU in the disk drive, I wonder what
> collection of peripherals would give 3 CPUs there.

That distinction could earlier go to a PET w/dual floppy - 1 6502 in
the PET, 2 6504s in a 2040/3040/4040 diskette drive.

The Commodore 1541 (standard drive with the C-64) only has one 6502.
You'd need to add a printer or a second disk drive (or a CP/M cart) to
get the whole system up to 3 CPUs.

-ethan