rogues galleries

Bob caveguy at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 27 22:30:21 CST 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:54:02 -0700, woodelf wrote:

>Jules Richardson wrote:

>> Out of interest, were there many manufacturers who sold a system with
>> three different CPUs as standard? There were a few around with two, I
>> know...

The intel MDS 800 development system ran a DOS called ISIS that was not CP/M long before MSDOS !

I was codeing in PL/M using ISIS for a target system running the RMX OS long before MSDOS was even a
dream.
see.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMX

The intel MDS 800 development system ran a DOS called ISIS that was the OS that shipped from Intel with the
first multibus 8080 system.

Century Computer ported the MDBS operatering system from the IBM System 1 to 8086 opt code  in 1978/79
It was used in several applications.

till later
Bob