multiple cpu machines Re: rogues galleries

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 17:17:09 CST 2006

> However, whether all this 'counts' or not is debatable; Acorn didn't (sadly)
> forsee people wanting to have more than one 'secondary' CPU attached at any
> one time, so the connection between the BBC side and any additional CPU was
> really point-to-point only rather than a true bus; I think Torch were the only

I thought at least one of the Torch second processors, probably the
'Graduate' (8088-based MS-DOS one) connected to the 1MHz bus not to the
Tube. IIRC, it made use of a feature of the BBC micro which causes the
latter to boot from an area of ROM in the FDxx space if one of the
interrupt lines is asserted during/just after a reset.

In which case you should eb able to link up a normal Tube-connected
second processor too.

Writing the necessary software is left as an exercise for the reader ;-)