Free to good home (Hampshire, UK)

Mark Firestone pdp11_70 at retrobbs.org
Sun Oct 15 17:07:25 CDT 2006

Julian Learmonth wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm afraid that I no longer have the room to keep either my DEC VAX
> 4000/705A or my DEC AlphaServer 2000. Both are in working condition.
> Please note that the Vax is DSSI, not SCSI and has no disks, but does
> netboot NetBSD/VAX nicely. It also has an internal DSSI DLT (unknown
> condition as I have no tapes).
>
> ====
> Hardware specs
> ====
> VAX 4000/705A (aka Legacy+)
> NVAX CPU (45 VUPS), 256Mb RAM, DSSI, no disks. Running NetBSD/VAX 1.5
>
> ALPHA SERVER 2000 (aka Sable)
> Dual 21064 200MHz CPUs, 196Mb RAM, SCSI RAID, 6x 4Gb HDD. Running Tru64
> 5.x
> ====
>
> Both machines come from when I used to work at Racal. The Alpha comes
> with media and documentation. The VAX doesn't.
>
> I also have a couple of cisco 2500 routers up for grabs too.
>
> Thanks,
> Jules.
> P.S. my "nospam" email address is real...

I'd take it, but my wife is (as my chav daughter would say) "giving me
evils"...

--
"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."