My sick A600 = dead

aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 21 20:02:52 CDT 2006

Sadly things have taken a turn to the graveyard...

I hadn't been able to find the time to see what the
original problem was caused by. A few weeks ago I no
ticed that the floppies started coming out of the in
ternal floppy drive warm on the underside.
Today when I switched her on I heard a click sound (
no, not the switch button, another click) and when I
 started to see a slight whisp of smoke coming out f
rom the floppy drive I knew something was seriously
wrong and switched her off.
I daren't switch her back on and will have to remove
 the harddrive and open up my 2nd A600, even if it m
eans breaking those damn clips at the back.

This comes after a few weeks of long working days (8
 to 8.5 hours) when I should only be doing 7 hours a
 day. I am not a happy man at present.

Regards,
Andrew B
aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk