8-inch substitutes

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Mon Oct 23 19:26:18 CDT 2006

So, back to my 8-inch drive problem...  Would a Shugart 851 be an
acceptable substitute for a Qume 842?  The client tells me that any of the
following will work in his Fairlight CMI synthesizer:

Qume 242
YE Data YD174
YE Data YD180
Mitsubishi M2896-63

I'm not clear where he got this list.  I'm looking at the manual for the
Qume and it claims that it's an electrical and mechanical match for the
Shugart 850.  Is this a close enough match?

Also, the client is in the zipcode 53153.  Is there someone near there who
I can coax into taking a look?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu