Wanted: OS / diag media for Altos 886

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Oct 25 20:41:28 CDT 2006

I have an Altos 886 that apparently has corrupted boot blocks... and
need to locate
a copy of Xenix and probably of the SDX ? diagnostics in order to get it
back up
and running again.

As I understand it, this system ran Xenix 3.2f, and it had to be the
Xenix specifically
for the Altos 886 (i.e. not 'generic' SCO Xenix).

So, anyone out there have installation media that they care to part with
or make
copies of ?  (copying may be difficult as these are Quad density 5.25"
media as
I understand it... 720K I believe (80 tracks double sided double density)).

Thanks,

-- Curt