The Origins of DOS

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Oct 28 19:35:35 CDT 2006

On 28 Oct 2006 at 16:26, Fred Cisin wrote:

> A pretty good description (one of the very few that doesn't try to
> coverup Gary's final incident), but, with a few flaws:

Yeah, I picked up on the gaffes, too.  Weak on the technical
accuracy, but as far as the people-to-people story goes, not bad.

DRI (not to be confused with the Texas outfit) certainly had an OEM
program back then--I've got their OEM licensing packet from 1982 or
thereabouts (wonder what that would fetch on ePay)--their rates were
quite reasonable and allowed for various purchase arrangements, so I
never did understand the $240 story myself.

Cheers,
Chuck